TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Information Does SalesTim Collect?
- Will SalesTim Share Any of the Personal Data it Receives?
- Is Personal Data About Me Secure?
- Data Retention Policy
- Deletion of Customer Data
- Privacy Notice for EU Residents
- What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
- What If You Have Questions Regarding Your Personal Data?
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from or about anyone under the age of 13 or under the age of 16 in countries subject to the EU General Data Protection (the “GDPR”), unless exempted by individual countries exceptions (for more information see our Privacy Notice for EU Residents). If you are under 13, or 16 where applicable, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from or about a child under the required minimum age, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under the required minimum age may have provided us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the the GDPR with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below in our Privacy Notice for EU Residents.
What Information Does SalesTim Collect?
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, through the registration process and/or through your account settings, we may collect Personal Data such as your name, email address, and payment information. Certain information may be required to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. Please note that SalesTim cannot monitor the content of any Licensee Materials to determine whether they contain information that would qualify as Personal Data. Although it is SalesTim’ policy not to use or disclose Licensee Materials except as necessary to offer the Services to you, SalesTim cannot, and does not assume any obligation to, de-identify or remove any such information before such Licensee Materials are processed in connection with the Services. Accordingly, we may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you information about our products and features of the service that are available to you. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by sending an email to email@example.com.
Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or device, which may include your IP address, device identification, “cookie” information, the type of browser and/or device you’re using to access our Services, and the page or feature you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your browser or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
We may use this data to provide a better experience for you while you use the Services, such as by remembering your login information, if you’ve chosen to remain logged in after ending your session. We may also use it to improve the Services – for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Services, and we can use that knowledge to make the Services interesting to as many users as possible.
Information About Cookies
Cookies can either be “session Cookies” or “persistent Cookies”. Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that are stored on your device while you are visiting our Site or using our Services, whereas “persistent Cookies” are stored on your device for a period of time after you leave our Site or Services. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device varies from Cookie to Cookie. We use persistent Cookies to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our Services, how often you return, how your use of the Services may vary over time. We also use persistent Cookies to measure the effectiveness of advertising efforts. Through these Cookies, we may collect information about your online activity after you leave our Services. Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” or “DNT” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites, and web applications, and services that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Because we collect browsing and persistent identifier data, the Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we may collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Services and after you leave our properties.
Some Cookies are placed by a third party on your device and may provide information to us and third parties about your browsing habits (such as your visits to our Site or Services, the pages you have visited and the links and advertisements you have clicked). These Cookies can be used to determine whether certain third party services are being used, to identify your interests, to retarget advertisements to you and to serve advertisements to you that we or others believe are relevant to you. We do not control third party Cookies.
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functionality Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies. One way you can do this is through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some Services and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. For more information on what cookies are used, visit our Cookies Policy.
Will SalesTim Share Any of the Personal Data it Receives?
We do not rent or sell your Personal Data in personally identifiable form to anyone. We may share your Personal Data with third parties as described in this section:
- Information that’s been de-identified. We may provide aggregate usage information to our partners, who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services. However, we never disclose aggregate usage information to a partner (or allow a partner to collect such information) in a manner that would identify you as an individual person.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we may use a payment processing company to receive and process your credit card transactions for us. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Data we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Protection of SalesTim and Others: We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our EULA and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SalesTim, our employees, our users, or others.
- We do not share your Personal Data with third parties to enable direct marketing purposes.
Is Personal Data About Me Secure?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Data by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Data we hold in our records, but unfortunately, no provider can guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information. However, we’ve taken measures, including encryption of your License Materials, to limit the impact of any such factors. If you notice a security breach or a security vulnerability on our website, please report it immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Retention Policy
SalesTim takes data security and privacy very seriously. Data from your CRM and other connected services required to deliver alerts, reports and other parts of the product will be retained for as long as you use our services. We strive to collect and retain the minimum surface of data necessary to support product functionality. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation.
TODO: CRM records, Mail, Calendar, Notes, tasks
Deletion of Customer Data
SalesTim provides the option for Customers to delete Customer Data at any time. To remove all SalesTim data, send your request to email@example.com. Your data will be deleted within 5 business days. SalesTim services backups are destroyed within 30 days.
What Personal Data Can I Access?
Through your account settings, you may change your name, email address and password. The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Choices Do I Have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. When you terminate your Account with us, your License Materials will be removed from the Services, but removal may not happen right away and some information may remain in our records, logs or automatic backups after your deletion of such information from your account. We may continue to use aggregated usage data after your stop using the Services, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
What if I Have Questions About This Policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send a detailed message to email@example.com, and we will try to resolve your concerns.
Privacy Notice for EU Residents
For this section, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. SalesTim will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Services. Note that we may also process Personal Data of our customers’ end users or employees in connection with our provision of services to customers, in which case we are the processor of Personal Data. If we are the processor of your Personal Data (i.e., not the controller), please contact the controller party in the first instance to address your rights with respect to such data.
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information we collect directly from you: We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
TODO: To be reviewed
- First and last name
- Email address
- Time Zone
- Applications settings and preferences
Information we receive from third party sources:
Some third parties such as Salesforce and Microsoft provide us with Personal Data about you, such as the following:
TODO: To be reviewed
- Account information for third party services:
If you interact with a third party service when using our Services, such as if you use a third party service to to our Services (e.g., Salesforce or Microsoft OAuth), if the third party service and your account settings allow such sharing. The information we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the third party service.
- Information we automatically collect when you use our Services:
Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as the following:
TODO: To be reviewed
- IP address
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Browsing history
- Usage information
- Product usage information
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. web beacons, pixel tags, SDKs, etc.)
- Location information (e.g. IP address, zip code)
- Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
- Screen recording of product interaction and usage
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Create and manage user profiles
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- Personalize website content and communications based on your preferences
- Meet contract or legal obligations
- Respond to user inquiries
- Fulfill user requests
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
- Resolve disputes
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms of Service
- Discover and fix bugs and errors
- Make product improvements
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below:
- Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT AND TERMS OF SERVICE with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties such as Salesforce and Microsoft data.
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
- Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
- Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
How and With Whom Do We Share Your Data?
- Analytics service providers
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
- Hosting service providers
- Co-location service providers
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services)
- Third party business partners who you access through the Services
- Our list of subprocessors
- Other parties authorized by you
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
- Maintain the security of our products and services
We also share information with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us and for 6 months after you close your account. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Security Measures Do We Use?
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Personal Data of Children:
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by going to your account settings.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by going to your account settings.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about SalesTim’ practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
What If You Have Questions Regarding Your Personal Data?
If you have any questions about this section or our data practices generally, please contact us using the following information:
Data Protection Officer